You are cordially invited to embark on the cruise of a lifetime aboard the award-winning m/s Paul Gauguin!
Escorted by Shelley! Roommate matching as available! Everyone welcome! Trip of a lifetime!
This amazing 11-night odyssey showcases the region’s incredible diversity of scenery, from Aitutaki’s low-lying islands to the jagged peaks and deep valleys of fertile Rarotonga, which was simply called “Paradise” by the first European explorers. Continue to the Society Islands to delight in the South Pacific’s crown jewels—Bora Bora, Taha’a, Huahine, and Moorea.
Cook Islands & Society Islands escorted by Shelley Pfeifer
March 7-18, 2020
Maximum 22 people 6 spots left!
Price per person based on double occupancy: Air and Cruise*
Category F: Air and cruise* 5946.00 USD
Category E: Air and cruise* 6158.00 USD
Category D (balcony) Air and cruise* 7646.00 USD
Category C (balcony) Air and cruise* 7816.00 USD
Taxes and fees are 235.00 USD per person for all categories
Group Bonus! 100.00 USD per person stateroom credit!
*Included air is L.A. to Papeete return. Contact us for cruise only pricing.
Points may be used for flights to and from L.A. from Winnipeg if desired.
Did you know....the flight Los Angeles - Papeete is only about 8 hours?!
(Contact Shelley for single occupancy pricing. Sharing is recommended) Extensions will be available for consideration at a later date.
Paul Gauguin Cruises is proud to offer an extraordinary value in luxury cruising, thanks to our all-inclusive pricing. Spend more time enjoying your cruise vacation and less time worrying about every little detail when it’s all been taken care of—from gourmet dining to onboard gratuities, and so much more.
When you travel on board The Gauguin, you’ll enjoy:
- Roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles*
- Roundtrip airport/pier transfers*
- All shipboard meals, in your choice of venues
- Complimentary 24-hour room service
- Complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits, beers, soft drinks, bottled water, and hot beverages served throughout the ship
- In-room refrigerator replenished daily with soft drinks, beer, and bottled water
- All shipboard entertainment, including our troupe of Polynesian performers and live music in the evenings
- Presentations by onboard experts and select sailings feature guest hosts
- Onboard gratuities for room stewards, dining and bar staff
- Watersports, including complimentary kayaking and paddleboarding from our marina or destination beaches
- Use of our secluded, white-sand beach in Bora Bora with bar service, volleyball, and snorkeling (on select voyages)
- A day on our private islet, Motu Mahana, off the coast of Taha’a, featuring snorkeling, watersports, a barbecue, full bar service, and Polynesian hospitality (on select voyages)
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS NOT INCLUDED AND IS STRONGLY ADVISED FOR CANCELLATION AND OUT OF COUNTRY MEDICAL.
VALID PASSPORT REQUIRED AND MUST BE VALID 6 MONTHS AFTER DATE OF RETURN.
A non-refundable* deposit of 250.00 USD per person is due by the time of booking. Deposits can be made over the phone by credit card or contact Shelley for an appointment.
Final payment will be due November 1st, 2019.
*Subject to cancellation fees of both Paul Gauguin and Bonaventure Travel
- While in the Cook Islands, call upon Aitutaki, a tiny island that’s home to one of the world’s most spectacular lagoons.
- Spend a relaxing day on Motu Mahana, our very own private islet, complete with white-sand beaches, swaying palm trees, a barbecue lunch, drinks served in coconuts, and a floating lagoon bar.
- The waters around Moorea are home to an amazing array of sea creatures. Take an optional SCUBA excursion to swim among the sea turtles and vibrant schools of fish.
- In Bora Bora, spend time at our exclusive white-sand beach on a motu enjoying snorkeling, kayaking, paddleboarding, volleyball, and stunning views of Mount Otemanu.
Day 1 – Embark the m/s Paul Gauguin in Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands
The islands of Polynesia are a gorgeous collection of volcanic atolls strewn across the grand Pacific Ocean, and the island of Tahiti is the largest of all 118. Explore the dynamic dining, nightlife, and shopping in the capital city of Papeete before embarking on The Gauguin.
Day 2 – Huahine, Society Islands
Known as “The Garden Island,” Huahine’s lush rainforests and dramatic terrain surround sacred sites and legendary landmarks that are among the best-preserved archaeological sites in French Polynesia. If Huahine’s expansive lagoon is calling your name, enjoy a SCUBA diving excursion or picnic on the beach.
Day 3 – At Sea
Spend the day enjoying The Gauguin’s Polynesian ambiance: casual, leisurely, and graceful. Perhaps you’ll take in a lecture by one of our special guests, and then reflect on your day over classic French cuisine at L’Etoile.
Day 4 – Aitutaki, Cook Islands
While the island of Aitutaki may be small, it’s big on beauty, thanks to its coral reef-enclosed lagoon. Witness its splendor up-close with a leisurely beach visit. Don’t forget to save time to venture into the village of Arutanga, where you’ll find the oldest church in the Cooks, which dates from 1829.
Day 5 – Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Rugged Rarotonga is the most mountainous of all the Cook Islands, and time here is best spent exploring its natural beauty. Snorkel in Muri Lagoon, wander the lush Takitumi Conservation Area or take a hike into the island’s dense interior with Pa, a local naturalist.
Day 6 – At Sea
The time you spend onboard The Gauguin offers endless opportunities for relaxation and enjoyment, whether that means sampling gourmet cuisine, indulging in a spa treatment, watching the sunset from a chaise lounge on the sun deck, or simply making the most of your in-room amenities.
Day 7 & 8 – Bora Bora, Society Islands
A bucket list destination for many, stunning Bora Bora welcomes you for two full days of exploring lush peaks, white-sand beaches, colorful coral reefs, and romantic lagoons. Experience the natural beauty of the island with an optional snorkeling excursion, sunset jetboat ride, or a helicopter tour that flies you over Bora Bora’s iconic Mount Otemanu. You can also spend time at our private beach which offers volleyball, snorkeling, kayaking and paddleboarding.
Day 9 – Taha’a (Motu Mahana), Society Islands
Embark on your choice of exciting shore excursions today, or spend your whole day relaxing on Motu Mahana, our very own private islet. Enjoy swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking, or simply lounge on the beach with a chilled beverage from our floating bar. Les Gauguines will also be on hand to provide musical entertainment and demonstrate traditional Polynesian crafts. A delicious barbecue lunch is provided.
Day 10 – Moorea, Society Islands
Vibrant colors abound during two leisurely days in Moorea, in everything from fresh fruits and flowers to multi-hued lagoons, and from spectacular mountain peaks to palm-fringed beaches. Shop for local handicrafts, embark on an optional dolphin-watching expedition with a marine biologist, and sample the local pineapples, said to be the most delicious in all of French Polynesia.
Day 11 – Moorea, Society Islands / Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands
Vibrant colors abound on Moorea, in everything from fresh fruits and flowers to multi-hued lagoons, and from spectacular mountain peaks to palm-fringed beaches. Shop for local handicrafts, embark on an optional dolphin-watching expedition with a marine biologist, and sample the local pineapples, said to be the most delicious in all of French Polynesia.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.